Adding curb appeal to your home here in the Mesa, AZ area can be an easy and enjoyable way to make your home look more inviting and vibrant. Here are a few tips from us at Freedom Insurance Agency on how to improve the curb appeal of your home.
Tips to improve the curb appeal of your home
1. Improve Your Home’s Exterior:
Make sure your home’s exterior looks fresh and well-maintained. This includes giving the front of your house a new coat of paint, clearing away any debris, trimming trees or bushes that are overgrown, and replacing any broken windows or siding.
2. Add Color to Your Landscaping:
Incorporate bright colors into your landscaping with some flowers, rocks, and other decorations. Not only is this cost-effective but it will also add some character to the front lawn or garden area of your property.
3. Invest in Better Lighting:
Installing better lighting around the outside of your property will help create an attractive glow at night as well as provide improved security during the dark hours. Choose lights that match the overall style of your home for a cohesive look.
4. Get Creative with Outdoor Decorations:
Place outdoor furniture pieces such as chairs, benches, swings, etc., around your property to give it more character as well as offer a place for people to relax and enjoy their time outdoors. Additionally, you can hang wreaths or flower boxes on windows for a classic look during different seasons of the year.
Keep Your Home Insurance Updated
By following these simple tips, you can easily improve the curb appeal of your home in no time! For more tips, give us at Freedom Insurance Agency a call today. We are proud to serve the people of the Mesa, AZ area and would be glad to help.
Insurance companies are a complicated part of our society. They provide us with protection in a disaster or emergency, such as a fire or car crash. They also make a profit, which means they are not charities. This often leaves people confused as to which situations are covered by their home insurance and which situations aren’t.
At Freedom Insurance Agency of Mesa, AZ, we understand that a household isn’t always a nuclear family. Especially in today’s world, where many people live with roommates, friends, or romantic partners, it’s essential to understand the details of your insurance policy.
Who is covered by your policy?
As a general rule, home insurance covers yourself and members of your household with whom you have an "insurable interest." "Insurable interest" is a term that refers to someone who would be directly financially affected by something happening in your life.
Insurance companies typically cover:
- Your spouse
- Relatives living in your home
- Any person under 21 who is in your custody, such as foster children
Non-relatives are typically not covered by home insurance, even if they live with you. However, there are a few things you can do.
How to Ensure A Non-Relative Has Home Insurance Coverage
- Your policy likely has a section where you can add the person as a "Named Insured." This would give that person a similar designation as you on the policy. This is also known as "joint insurance."
- If you want to ensure a person but not give them equal control of the policy, you can consider adding an "Other persons in the household" endorsement. This would treat that person the same as a relative listed on the policy.
- Your non-relative could purchase their policy if they want their insurance. If you rent a space in your home, they could qualify for renter’s insurance.
Give Us A Call
If you’re a Mesa, AZ homeowner interested in learning more about your home insurance, please contact Freedom Insurance Agency today!